2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS : WITNESS THE PHENOMENON.
Introducing the new 2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS…
The Kawasaki Ninja® ZX™-14R supersport will continue its reign as “King of the Quarter Mile”. Featuring a powerful 1,441cc DOHC inline-four engine that can deliver and a unique monocoque aluminum frame for balance, performance and responsive handling. Premium onboard electronics and uncompromising refinement allow the rider to take on the track and the backroads with sophisticated ease. It is equipped with two power modes and a three-mode Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC) system that can easily be turned on or off with switches. Also featuring back-torque limiting Slipper clutch, stainless steel braided clutch and brake lines, Bremo® 4-piston monobloc calipers paired with large floating front discs and a high-grade dash meter. The 2021 model is available in a Pearl Storm Gray / Metallic Diablo Black color scheme with an MSRP of $15,199.
As the flagship of Kawasaki’s Ninja motorcycle line-up, the Ninja® ZX™-14R utilizes big horsepower in a polished and refined manner for exceptionally smooth power delivery. With additional technologies like ABS brakes and traction control, the Ninja ZX-14R is sure to please a wide range of experienced riders and riding styles.
• POWERFUL 1441CC KAWASAKI ENGINE
• BREMBO BRAKE SYSTEM
• DISTINCTIVE, AGGRESSIVE STYLING
• POWERFUL KAWASAKI ENGINE
• MONOCOQUE ALUMINUM FRAME
• ADJUSTABLE POWER MODE
• KAWASAKI TRACTION CONTROL (KTRC) EQUIPPED
Kawasaki’s powerful engine puts it at the top of its class. With the ultra-smooth power delivery, there’s a sharp acceleration feel in the mid- to high-rpm range. And to help convert the massive power into forward momentum with minimal wheel slip is the latest version of Kawasaki’s traction control system, KTRC.
- Long stroke engine contributes to massive torque at all rpm and substantially more power in the mid-high rpm range with noticeably strong acceleration from 4,000 rpm.
- Cylinder head has milled combustion chambers to boost compression for increased performance.
- Forged pistons match the combustion chamber, are strong and light, and the skirt design helps alleviate stress. Piston cooling jet system continuously sprays oil to the underside of the pistons for better cooling and increased performance.
- Intake ports are hand polished for better flow and increased performance.
- Large diameter exhaust ports help increase performance.
- Wide bypass holes between the chrome-composite plated cylinders reduce pumping loss which contributes to increased performance.
Advanced Electronic Riding Aids
While the Ninja ZX-14R’s engine performance is intended to be experienced unfiltered, the operator may choose to take advantage of some of the advanced electronic riding aids provided as standard equipment to suit riding conditions or preference.
Kawasaki Traction Control System (KTRC)
- 3-mode system combines the best features of Sport-KTRC from the Ninja ZX-10R and KTRC from the Concours® 14 to help provide maximum traction with some degree of slippage for track riding and rider assurance by facilitating smooth riding on slippery surfaces.
- Modes 1 and 2 control ignition timing like S-KTRC, which uses complex analysis to calculate when traction conditions are about to become unfavorable and act before wheel slippage exceeds the range for optimal traction. Mode 3 has higher sensitivity and controls ignition timing, fuel and air for ultra-smooth operation.
- The system distinguishes between smooth, power front wheel lifts and sudden lift, allowing smooth lift if acceptable acceleration is maintained.
- A switch on the left handlebar switch housing gives the rider the option to turn the system off.
- Allows riders to set power characteristics to suit riding conditions and style. Riders can choose between full power operation or low power, which is approximately 75 percent of full with a milder throttle response.
Ram Air Induction(KP)
- Central Ram Air duct produces a straighter path to the airbox for maximum intake efficiency.
- This system takes cooler, high-pressure air from in front of the fairing and guides it through the air cleaner and into the engine for maximum power output.
Digital Fuel Injection (KP)
- Throttle body assembly with remote idle speed control (ISC) valve eliminates need to adjust idle and lowers emissions during deceleration, allowing smaller catalyzers to be used in the exhaust that contributes to better performance.
- 44mm Mikuni throttle bodies are fitted with Dual Throttle Valves(KP) that are controlled by the ECU to provide precise response and make DFI performance smoother.
- Fuel injector nozzles disperse the finely-atomized fuel over a wider area to help boost power..
- 32-bit electronic control unit works with dual throttle valve system to further enhance throttle response and control.
- Economical Riding Indicator (ECO)(KP) appears on instrument display to indicate when the operator is riding in a manner that results in better fuel efficiency.
High-Flow Exhaust System
- Exhaust system features large-diameter tapered header pipes, collector and large muffler volume.
- Internal construction of the mufflers is designed for maximum exhaust flow.
- Heat and surface treatment on all gears for greater durability and wear resistance.
- Final gearing further accentuates the strong acceleration.
- Back-torque limiting (slipper) clutch prevent rear wheel hop and helps protect drivetrain.
Monocoque Aluminum Frame(KP)
- The frame is a hollow aluminum box that arches over the engine from the steering head to the swing arm pivot. It is narrow, strong, rigid, and light.
- Engine is rigidly mounted to increase the monocoque’s torsional rigidity. Plus using the engine as a stressed frame member decreases the frame’s weight by approximately four pounds.
- Engine positioned forward in the frame, wheelbase and front/rear weight balance were carefully designed to achieve both high-speed stability and responsive handling.
- The monocoque section houses the air box and air filter in a space-saving design that actually simplifies air cleaner maintenance. Two screws hold a plate on the left side of the frame that allows air cleaner access.
Inverted 43mm Cartridge Type Front Fork(KP)
- Firm damping rates offer stiff initial action to resist front-end dive when braking.
- Rubber damper helps resist harsh bottoming.
- Steeples damping adjustment allows riders to tune suspension performance.
Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension(KP)
- Gusseted swingarm for increased rigidity.
- Firm damping rates match front suspension.
- Linkage rates provide linear suspension action.
- The bottom-link design concentrates the weight lower in the chassis for a lower center of gravity, which makes the bike more flickable.
Brembo Brakes with ABS
- Similar system to that used on the Ninja H2™.
- Radial mounted 4-piston front brake calipers.
- Front brakes feature Brembo M50 cast Monoblock calipers with four opposed 30mm pistons that clamp on 310mm Brembo discs for superb braking force. The outer edges of the discs have grooves down the center of the outer edges to help dissipate heat.
- Brembo radial pump master cylinder and reservoir are calibrated for crankshaft to require very little lever movement to achieve strong front brake force.
- Rear brake features caliper with two 32mm pistons that clamps a 250mm disc.
- Stainless steel braided brake lines contribute to direct feel.
Wind Tunnel-Designed Bodywork
- Imposing front cowl has a aggressive appearance and features the ZX-14R’s unique four-headlight design.
- Standard single seat cover and aggressive tail section.
- Fairing not only has a more dynamic appearance but improves radiator airflow that, combined with a heat guard on the exhaust pipe, helps to significantly reduce heat reaching the rider.
- Instruments enhanced with metal rings around speedometer and tachometer, with “Flying K” logo in center.
- Multi-function button on left handlebar switch housing so that the rider can scroll through the meter functions without removing hand from handlebar.
- Ambient temperature gauge for added convenience.
- Fuel range readout.
- Instrument dials have a dot pattern background for a stylish, high-quality appearance.
- LCD screen can be set with either a black or white background.
2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $15199 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $18099 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 4-Stroke, 4-Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head
Displacement 1441 cc
Bore & Stroke 84.0 x 65.0 mm
Maximum Torque 120 lb-ft @ 7,500 rpm
Compression Ratio 12.3:1
Fuel Injection DFI® with Mikuni 44mm Throttle Bodies (4)
Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance
Transmission 6-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive X-Ring Chain
Rake/Trail 23°/3.7 in.
Front Wheel Travel 4.6 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 4.9 in.
Front Tire Size 120/70-17
Rear Tire Size 190/50-17
Wheelbase 58.3 in.
Front Suspension 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with Adjustable
Preload, 15-Way Rebound and 18-Way Compression Damping Adjustment
Rear Suspension Uni-Trak® with Adjustable Preload, Stepless
Rebound and Compression Damping, Adjustment
Front Brake Type Brembo Dual Floating 310mm Discs with M50 monobock calipers,
Dual Floating 310mm Petal Discs with 4-Piston Calipers
Rear Brake Type Single 250mm Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity 5.8 gal.
Seat Height 31.5 in.
Curb Weight= 591 lbs.
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.)
= Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
When equipped, 50-state models with evaporative emissions equipment adds approximately 2.2 pounds.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.* = Changes from previous model year.
2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
|1,441cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC 16-valve in-line four
|Bore x Stroke
|84.0 x 65.0 mm
|Fuel injection: ø44 mm x 4 with dual throttle valves
|Forced lubrication, wet sump with oil cooler
|Wet multi-disc, manual
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
|ø43 mm inverted fork with compression and rebound damping and spring preload adjustability, and top-out springs / 117 mm (4.6 in)
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
|Bottom-Link Uni Trak, gas-charged shock with compression and rebound damping and spring preload adjustability / 124 mm (4.9 in)
|Rake / Trail
|23.0° / 93 mm
|Steering Angle (L/R)
|31° / 31°
|Dual semi-floating ø310 mm Brembo discs with radial-mount, Brembo M50 monobloc, opposed 4-piston calipers
|ø250 mm disc with opposed 2-piston caliper
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|2,170 x 770 x 1,170 mm (85.4 x 30.3 x 46.1 in)
|1,480 mm (58.3 in)
|125 mm (4.9 in)
|800 mm (31.5 in)
|269 kg (593 lb.)
|Analogue-style speedometer and tachometer + multi-function LCD screen with fuel gauge, gear position indicator, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, current and average fuel consumption, remaining range, external air temperature, battery voltage, and Economical Riding Indicator
|Kawasaki Protection Plus
|12 / 24 / 36 / 48 months
2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).